Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I celebrated another birthday in Mongolia! Despite all my efforts to not mention or otherwise tip off my friends that my birthday was coming, they remembered and organized a wonderful birthday dinner at the Mongolian Barbeque.


On Tuesday, Magcar, Amaraa and I went to a mining city about 2 1/2 hours east of UB to conduct an inservice for primary school teachers. You can see how nice the school is, and what a view they have from the playground! I began the workshop with an introduction to constructivism and a group activity, Amaraa followed with a lecture on the theoretical basis for problem solving in math, and Magcar finished up with words of wisdom and the awarding of certificates. Afterwards, we were treated to dinner and we capped our day with a visit to the statue of Natsagdorj, a very famous Mongolian writer who lived a short, but very productive life. Another great Mongolian adventure.
I apologize for the placement of this part of the post, but I don't seem to be able to move it! And, I know you can determine the difference between the birthday party and the workshop.....






No comments:

Post a Comment